Eat Well With Elissa & Stef: Super Green Juice
Breakfast doesn’t always have to be a heavy meal. As long as you start the day with the right nutrients then you’re all set. If you’re more of a grab and go breakfast person then this green juice is great to blend, pour, drink and go!
This juice can also replace one of your mid-meal snacks as it’s packed with super-food ingredients to keep you full and energised.
1 large handful of kale
Half a lemon
Half a cucumber cut into strips
1 large granny smith apple
3 whole celery stalks
1 cup of water – coconut water if available
Chia Seeds – to sprinkle on top
- Wash and prep your fruit and veggies by cutting into small bite-sized chunks
- Peel and grate a medium sized lump of ginger and squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a small glass
- Add all of the ingredient’s solid ingredients into your NutriBullet or similar blender along with the oats and blend until smooth
- Add a cup of water and the lemon juice and blend again until pourable
- Pour your juice into a tall glass or a sealed container like a Maison jar if you want to drink on the move
- Add a sprinkle of chia seeds on top for that Insta-worthy juice and some extra Omega-3 and healthy fat.
Author: Ellie-Jo Johnstone