Eat Well with Elissa & Stef: Sourdough Stack
A filling breakfast option to keep you satisfied until lunch without the need for a snack. Combining a variety of food groups and textures this stack can also make the perfect brunch.
2 slices of sourdough bread – rye sourdough is a healthier option
Butter – just enough to moisten the bread before frying
Spinach or Rocket – to add greenery to your breakfast
A splash of milk
A pinch of paprika
Salt and Pepper
- Butter both sides of your sliced sourdough lightly and place into a frying pan on a very low heat.
- Once the butter is lightly bubbling on one side, flip and fry the other side until golden brown. Remove from heat and place the bread onto a plate.
- In the same frying pan, crack two eggs and add a splash of milk along with a healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper. Fry the eggs gently and scramble the mixture until the egg is completely cooked.
- Add your scrambled eggs to the sourdough and top with a pinch of paprika for some added spice
- Place a large handful of spinach or rocket on top of the eggs and garnish with some halved cherry tomatoes
- Pour some balsamic vinegar over the whole dish to add a sharpness and enjoy whilst the eggs are hot.