International Stress Awareness Week
This week is International Stress Awareness Week.
It was created in 2018 to raise awareness about stress prevention, after the acknowledgement of Stress Awareness Day that was founded in 1998. International Stress Awareness Week has now become a well known annual event focusing on stress management.
The topics in this years event cover:
- Experiences people have with mental health challenges and what can be done to help them
- How employers are responding to mental health issues and what can be learnt
- Campaigning against the stigma associated with stress and mental health issues
- The role of stress management in reducing stress and the importance of stress prevention techniques.
- How workplaces can help employees with stress management following the pandemic.
- Making sure people where to go to seek advice for stress management.
In this blog post we are going to be discussing 3 stress prevention techniques that you can implement in your day to day life.
Exercise can help boost your mood as it stimulates your body to release endorphins and other hormones. Individuals that exercise often feel less anxious and are more positive and confident in themselves. In addition, exercise helps improve your sleep, and getting a good night's sleep is an excellent way to reduce stress levels. To sum it up, exercise effectively reduces stress in more than one way. So fit in a quick workout in your daily routine where possible. You won’t regret it!
Connect with people
Another way you can lower your stress levels is by spending time with friends and family and connecting with your close ones. When connecting with others in person, your body releases the hormone oxytocin, which halts your fight-or-flight response. Connecting with people is a natural method for stress relief.
Take time out
Repeat after me. Self care isn’t selfish! Sometimes you can get overwhelmed and feel the need to take time to yourself. You should be able to find a balance between helping others and helping yourself. Taking a time out is essential every now and again; it allows you to recharge and reduce your stress levels. Make sure to always find some time to relax.
We hope you can use these simple methods to help reduce stress levels and to help you relax when you're feeling a little overwhelmed. If you like these tips make sure to share this blog with a friend who might need them! Also, be sure to check out the rest of our website and visit our socials.